Please go to www.bowiepubliclibrary.com for more information.
The guiding principle of the Bowie Public Library includes providing the following to all Montague County residents:
- Information about ancestors who lived here
- Information about the history of Montague County and the Bowie Public Library
- Meeting space for community organizations and events
- Programs and activities for residents of all ages
- Resources in many formats for both recreational and informational purposes
Who We Are
The Bowie Public Library, located at 301 Walnut, provides free services to all residents living within the Montague County boundaries. There are over 34,000 materials in many formats including print, audio books, DVDs, CD's, Newspapers and Magazines.
Patrons can access the Internet at the library by using a public computer or by using our free Wi-Fi connection. Patrons can also find information about ancestors and the history of Montague County and the City of Bowie, view a library exhibit, or attend one of the Library’s many events - such as an art reception, story time session, summer reading club, or other similar events. Our friendly and professional staff is eager and able to serve you well. Welcome to your public library!
Please note that public computers close down 15 minutes prior to the library's closing time.